STEP #1: OUR INITIAL CONVERSATION WILL FOCUS ON:
- What does your current housing and cash flow situation look like?
- What are your new housing and cash flow objectives?
- What large expenses should we take into account as we help you develop a housing and cash flow budget?
STEP #2: WE'LL ANALYZE & EVALUATE YOUR OPTIONS
- What are your housing, debt planning, and cash flow options?
- What, if any, mortgage products and strategies would be useful to you?
- What is the likely short and long-term impact of these mortgage options on your overall situation?
STEP #3: WE'LL DEVELOP & IMPLEMENT YOUR PERSONAL MORTGAGE PLAN
Once we've discussed your options, and how these various options may impact your overall housing and financial situation, it's up to you to decide on which plan of action works best for you. I'll be here to answer any questions and be a resource to you in any way I can. I'll also coordinate the whole process with you and your financial advisors as necessary.
STEP #4: WE'LL MONITOR YOUR MORTGAGE PLAN THROUGH AN ANNUAL MORTGAGE AND HOUSING REVIEW
Mortgage planning is a life-long process because your financial situation is likely to change from time to time. As your mortgage planner, it's my role to help you monitor these changes as needed and through an annual conversation. During our annual review, I'll give you an update on the interest rate and housing market, and we'll discuss any changes that may have occurred in your situation to see if it makes sense to modify or update your mortgage plan.
Your mortgage is most likely your single largest debt, and your home is most likely your single largest asset. The strategy you use today carries financial consequences that can impact your life for years to come. As a Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist (CMPS®), I can help you answer these questions:
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- How much of a down payment should I use when purchasing a home, and what are my options?
- How much should I budget for my monthly housing expenses, and what if I budget less or more?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my monthly cash flow situation?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to save money for the future?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my ability to manage and reduce my debt in a timeframe that works for me?
- Should I purchase real estate for investment purposes?
- What mortgage strategy should I use when buying a vacation home or investment property?
- How can I improve my credit score?
- How can I better manage my cash flow before, during and after a major career or life change?
- How can I work with a mortgage professional who is committed to higher standards of competence, ethics, and communication during the home buying and refinancing process?
Contact me so we can get started!